You are here:
ICT Academy: About Us
The ICT Academy was established by a consortium of leading ICT companies spearheaded by T-Systems South Africa. The consortium consists of T-Systems, SAP, Microsoft and CompTIA.
To create a pool of employable graduates with relevant ICT skills and competencies applicable in various market segments that will enable them to participate and contribute to a sustainable and competitive South African economy.
To create the necessary infrastructure and curriculum in the ICT sector that will be primarily aimed at the disadvantaged youth of South Africa hence ensuring that they acquire the best ICT skills.
- To offer students a first-rate education in the field of computer technology.
- To maintain high standards that will be recognized and accredited by the ICT industry.
- To equip students with the qualifications to pursue prestigious careers in the ICT fields of programming, networking or SAP consultancy.
- To develop a pool of employable graduates with ICT qualifications which incorporate the latest in computer technology.
- To maintain the academy’s status as: a recognized testing Centre for international ICT examinations; a member of the CISCO regional Academy; a testing Centre recognized by international examining bodies, Prometric and Pearson Vue; and an advance-level member of the Microsoft IT Academy.
- To ensure all ICT Academy courses are upgraded on an ongoing basis in order to keep abreast of the latest technology and the skills demand in the market.
- To actively contribute to poverty alleviation and reduce unemployment levels through the return of ICT students to their own, formerly-disadvantaged communities in order to impart their skills to others.
ICT ACADEMY STUDENT PROFILE:
- Candidates must be South African citizens;
- Candidates must have passed Grade 12;
- Candidates must be unemployed;
- Candidates must not be studying with another institution;
- Candidates must be between 18 and 34;
- Candidates must be able to attend classes on weekdays during the training phase;
- Candidates must be willing to commit for 12 months;
- Candidates must preferably live in Gauteng;
- We can accommodate most disabilities (we cannot however accommodate total blindness or deafness - we are working towards rectifying this);
- All candidates will be expected to go through an assessment process.